BILSTEIN B16 COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT - VW GOLF MK7 & 7.5 GTI, PERFORMANCE, ED40, TCR & R (48251570 & 49255874)
HEIGHT & DAMPER ADJUSTABLE - 30mm to 50mm LOWERING & 10 WAY DAMPENING
IF OPTING FOR B16 KIT WITHOUT DCC COMPATIBILITY YOU WILL REQUIRE THE DCC DELETE KIT LINKED BELOW:
The BILSTEIN B16 kit is road-tested under extreme motorsport conditions. This kit allows you to lower your vehicle approximately 30mm to 50mm, front and back, providing maximum flexibility and pure individuality.
Technology:BILSTEIN gas-pressure technology
- Traditional oil shock absorbers, when put under extreme stress, can lead to oil foaming which causes shock fading and results in damping power reduction. This means more reliable shock absorption and suspension under any load, and added safety in dynamic driving situations.
BILSTEIN dampening adjustability
- BILSTEIN dampening adjustability provides damping power refinement by simply turning an easily accessible adjustment knob.
- Ten tactile clicks give clear feedback with each adjustment, each offering a different driving experience.
- By adjusting rebound and compression at the same time, the driving characteristics can be perfectly tuned to your individual needs, allowing you to experience sports car driving at its finest.
BILSTEIN monotube / Upside-Down technology
- BILSTEIN monotube gas-pressure shock absorbers provide greater damping power due to the larger surface area of the piston. This results in improved handling, consistent performance, and longer service life.
- Increased installation flexibility allows engineers to find the optimum mounting position.
- BILSTEIN upside-down monotube technology which allows the piston rod to be installed at the bottom of the shock tube body. A wear-resistant chromium tube moves up and down freely by incorporating low friction bearings. Both the support and lateral forces are distributed across a larger area than in twin-tube systems, and the torsional strength of the connection between the wheel and vehicle body is increased.
BILSTEIN twin-tube technology
- Twin-tube shocks utilize double-walled technology, where the piston divides the interior oil chamber into two working chambers. Under load, the piston pushes the oil down through the inner working chamber and up into the outer chamber. During rebound, the oil flows back through the piston valve to create a damping effect.
Threaded body adjustable range
- Threaded body, adjustable shock absorbers with parts certificate provide unparalleled flexibility. The round threading paired with sport springs at optimal fixed pretension, allow quick and easy adjustment to provide maximum stability in any situation.
- BILSTEIN-Triple-C-Technology¨ is a high-performance, three layer coating. It has been specially developed for effective corrosion protection for our coilover suspensions, and has been subjected to grueling DIN 50021 SS salt spray endurance testing.
- Over 600 hours in the salt spray chamber proved to be no problem for our special coating.
- Coating 1: Zinc alloy ensures exceptional adhesion to the base material and long lasting corrosion protection
- Coating 2: The middle coating transforms the bottom zinc layer into a completely sealed surface
- Coating 3: A perfect finish for maximum protection against mechanical wear and corrosion
Features and Benefits:
- Threaded body allows lowering of approximately 30mm to 50mm
- 10 way dampening adjustability
- Tested by our engineers under motorsport conditions
- Triple-C-Technology¨ surface coating for long lasting corrosion resistance
- Robust round thread for easy adjustability
- Quality sport springs made from highly durable materials
- BILSTEIN gas-pressure technology
- BILSTEIN upside-down monotube technology available on select applications
- German T†V certification
*DOES NOT FIT GOLF WAGON MODELS*