BILSTEIN B6 EDC/DCC REAR SHOCK ABSORBER - VW MK7 & 7.5 GOLF GTI & R (20267537)
DIRECT REPLACEMENT SHOCK ABSORBER FOR VW MK7 & 7.5 GOLF GTI & R MODELS EQUIPPED WITH EDC/DCC.
RECOMMENDED TO PAIR WITH BILSTEIN B6 EDC/DCC FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER - VW MK7 & 7.5 GOLF GTI & R (23254343)
*PRICE FOR 1x SHOCK ABSORBER - ADD 2 TO CART FOR PAIR*
Bilstein B6 Performance (DampTronic) shock absorbers are a performance upgrade to OE shock absorbers designed to be paired with OE factory springs. All of the active features of the factory electronic suspension, along with the factory controls, will be retained with the installation of these shock absorbers.
Each shock absorber is rigorously tested for quality that meets or exceeds OE standards and features application specific valve settings with a monotube design to bring out the best handling performance of a vehicle.
B6 Performance (DampTronic) shock absorbers will deliver improved safety and handling performance in a package compatible with factory electronic damping control.
BILSTEIN gas-pressure technology
- Traditional oil shock absorbers, when put under extreme stress, can lead to oil foaming which causes shock fading and results in damping power reduction. This means more reliable shock absorption and suspension under any load, and added safety in dynamic driving situations.
BILSTEIN monotube / Upside-Down technology
- BILSTEIN monotube gas-pressure shock absorbers provide greater damping power due to the larger surface area of the piston. This results in improved handling, consistent performance, and longer service life.
- Increased installation flexibility allows engineers to find the optimum mounting position.
- BILSTEIN upside-down monotube technology which allows the piston rod to be installed at the bottom of the shock tube body. A wear-resistant chromium tube moves up and down freely by incorporating low friction bearings. Both the support and lateral forces are distributed across a larger area than in twin-tube systems, and the torsional strength of the connection between the wheel and vehicle body is increased.
BILSTEIN twin-tube technology
- Twin-tube shocks utilize double-walled technology, where the piston divides the interior oil chamber into two working chambers. Under load, the piston pushes the oil down through the inner working chamber and up into the outer chamber. During rebound, the oil flows back through the piston valve to create a damping effect.
- BILSTEIN-Triple-C-Technology¨ is a high-performance, three layer coating. It has been specially developed for effective corrosion protection for our coilover suspensions, and has been subjected to grueling DIN 50021 SS salt spray endurance testing.
- Over 600 hours in the salt spray chamber proved to be no problem for our special coating.
- Coating 1: Zinc alloy ensures exceptional adhesion to the base material and long lasting corrosion protection
- Coating 2: The middle coating transforms the bottom zinc layer into a completely sealed surface
- Coating 3: A perfect finish for maximum protection against mechanical wear and corrosion
Features and Benefits:
- Retain Factory EDC/DCC suspension adjustment
- Tested by our engineers under motorsport conditions
- Triple-C-Technology¨ surface coating for long lasting corrosion resistance
- Robust round thread for easy adjustability
- BILSTEIN gas-pressure technology
- BILSTEIN upside-down monotube technology available on select applications
- German T†V certification
*DOES NOT FIT GOLF WAGON MODELS*